In October of 2007, I found out that I was pregnant with (what we would find out in 16 weeks) one Little Man, a.k.a. Aaden Scott. On August 19th of this year he started kindergarten. Umm... EXCUSE ME?? You heard me right! My precious little 8lb. 9oz., blue eyed, red haired, little baby boy started kindergarten! With that has come a whole new world of things like the buss, school lunch, homework, etc... But on thing I was certain that he would come home with was some kind of sickness whether that be sniffles, cold, throw up (but definitely hoping THAT wouldn't be brought home). But alas we made it through the first week with no sickness! And then Annab. God bless little Annab and stuffy little nose. This started Thursday and has continued through out the weekend. Aaden started with his runny nose last night. The Kinder-Cold has come to the McRoberts' household.
When I was a kid, I used to stay at my grandparents house while my parents were at work and any time I was sick I could count on Grandma to make chicken noodle soup (Campbell's! MmmMmm Good!). I remembered a pin that I has posted last week about
homemade chicken noodle soup and so came my inspiration for Day One.
Luck for me we had everything at the house that we needed! My adventures in grocery shopping with Annab the day before produced a rotisserie chicken that the kids and I only ate half of. So here we go with our chicken noodle soup from "scratch"...
First of all, look at this little helper! Such a cutie!
Here were all of the ingredients (minus celery because...we didn't have any. Oops!).
First you cook the onions and garlic in oil.
This is where I drifted away from the recipe because the chicken was already cooked... But you add everything together to boil.
And viola! Homemade chicken noodle soup! Has been great to cure our sniffles today (:
Looking forward to a project for the kiddos for tomorrow! See you then!
No comments:
Post a Comment