Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Ten - Two is Better Than One

Luck you for reading my blog today! You get a two-fer! But first, a song... (:

Things are super-busy in our little household. And I like it. But because of that there was no post yesterday. There was a PinProject though. A fun one! And we had a friend over to help (: I found this Play-Doh pin here.
**I must insert  a disclaimer here. I took the pictures with my phone. I sent the pictures to my computer TWICE using my phone. I don't know who I ACTUALLY sent the pictures too because I did this at 2:30pm and it is now 10:14pm as I am typing this and I still have no pictures. SO if or ever I receive them, I will update with the pictures! So until them, use your imagination.)**

I remember making Play-Doh as a kid. I guess deep deep down I have always been "artsy-fartsy" (which is a term being thrown around a lot lately) so any chance I got to make something, I loved it!

This recipe used flour, salt, cream of tartar, vegetable oil, Jell-O mix, and water.
**Insert picture of supplies here.**

Then my trusty side kick mixed everything together.
**Insert a picture of Annabelle sitting on the kitchen floor mixing everything.**

Then we cooked it. Make sure to keep on stirring because I am pretty sure it wouldn't take long for the dough to burn.
**Insert pot on stove with a blueish-green slime substance in it.**

After a minute or so of cooking...
**This would have been a picture of me holding up the spoon with the Play-Doh starting to form.**

Finally looking a little doughy!
**Imagine the dough fully formed in the pot.**

Take it out and let it cool (after cooling you need to knead it. We skipped this step...because I forgot...and the dough stayed sticky).
**This would have been a picture of the Play-Doh in an air-tight container.**

And viola! Homemade Play-Doh! And since you add Jell-O (we used some kind of mixed berry) if makes your hands smell really good!

Now for Part Duex! How to Clean Your Microfiber Couch (do you know what would make this post better?? THE PICTURES THAT I TOOK THAT WON'T LOAD! Grr!).

All you need is a white/neutral sponge, a spray bottle of rubbing alcohol, and a brash (I bought a brush you would use for dishes).
**Insert picture of supplies here**

You generously spray the stain (after blotting it up) with the alcohol.
**Insert picrute of arm of couch where BBQ sauce was spilled here**

Rub the are with the sponge until all of the stain comes out.
**Insert picture of arm of couch doused in rubbing alcohol**

Once dried, use the brush to smooth out the microfiber (because it will become kind of...crunchy after it dries)
**Insert "after" picture.**

This is where I could compare the "before" and "after" pictures here, but alas, I don't have them. I don't think anybody would notice where this happened on our couch but I know and I can kind of see where the stain was. Lesson here? Don't spill BBQ sauce on the microfiber couch and if you do...Just blame it on the kids :P

No comments:

Post a Comment