Thursday, September 5, 2013

Five - "A Little Nonsense Now and Then, is Relished by the Wisest Men.

The quote in my title is from the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I always loved that movie as a kid (and still do actually). I wanted to be in that group as they walked through the doors of Wonka's world of candy (which FYI was apparently their real reactions. They didn't get to see the set until they filmed it that first time). To be in a place where everything is editable! And candy no less! Now I am not typically one for chocolate but you give me gummies, lollipops, Twizzlers...Oh my I usally make myself sick off of those things! So the inspiration for tonight's post was easy...and I found it here. We made gummies!!

For this you will need candy molds (which we found at Michael's really cheap!) or the funky ice cube trays, 2 boxes of Jell-O, three packets of Knox gelatine packets, and 2/3 c. of water.

Next you add the water to a saucepan. Add all the Jell-O and gelatin mix as well. Let that sit for a few minutes. I kind of sloshed it around to make sure all the water was absorbed. Next I heated it until all the gelatin was dissolved...Seriously about two minutes.

When all is dissolved, remove from heat and let sit for about 5 minutes. Once the gummie mixture is cooled, transfer to something pour-able and mold away!! You have to be a tad careful because they are easy to over fill.

The directions I had wanted to gummies to sit for 20 to 30 minutes. We started this before dinner so once everything was cooked and eaten (an hour and a half or so) we were ready to try our gummies! You stick your finger on top and peel those bad boys, gently, out of the mold!

The ones poured into the candy molds were a bit easier to get out but that wouldn't stop me from using the ice trays again. They weren't difficult to get out.

Now I must post a disclaimer with this post. These things are good. Like, really good. Imagine a Jell-O flavored gummie (and if you are going to tell me you don't like Jell-O I feel like there is something wrong with you!!). Nom nom nom. They are so good that my kids are probably not going to get very many and I many or many not have a tummy ache from all of them that I have eaten so far this evening. MmmMmmm!


No comments:

Post a Comment