Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Eighteen - Just a Destination

I am SO sorry I haven't posted in a while... It has been encouraging to those to have commented to me asking where my posts went! I am glad people are reading but also glad that some of you out there seem to be enjoying my posts (: It makes me smile.

Today I do not have a DIY (although I am prepping for one tomorrow that I am REALLY REALLY excited about!!). Today I just want to share some thoughts...

So yesterday was an exceptionally challenging day. Maybe a song that can give you a feel of my day...Then some background.



Ryan and I got married in 2005. From June 2006 to October 2007 Ryan was deployed. In July 2008 we had Aaden. In February 2010 we had Annabelle. In July 2012 Ryan was deployed again. He was supposed to be home on July 20th of this year BUT he tore his ACL and is in medical holding (or whatever fancy military term they have for it..). He is still not home yet (four hundred thirty nine days gone so far!). I have family in town and some really great friends that have stepped up and helped us out. Those people have been a tremendous blessing in my life but especially in the life of our kiddos! But with all of that I feel like I have a better understanding of how a single parent feels (granted I don't have to work full-time through out all of this and have been able to stay home for almost two months now). Let me just say, you know a single parent? Give them a hug and tell them how great of a job they are doing!! Momma's we need to stick together!!

I am so tired of feeling like I am being judged by other people. Which leads me back to my challenging day yesterday. It was just tough. The Big One was upset at me in the morning and the Little One was upset with me in the afternoon. I was frustrated at all the hiccups in my day. So we were all pretty grumpy. Aaden had a wonderful idea to go to McDonald's for dinner. They could play, I could take a break and everyone would be happy... Right..?? Wrong. Long story short the Little One was mad because she couldn't go back in the Play Place. So she was pitching a fit. She was SCREAMING in the middle of McDonald's. So in the middle of cleaning up our food, get all of our belongings together, and dodge glaring eyes I heard a comment of an older woman that cut right through me... "Look at that. And she doesn't even have any shoes on!" Seemingly not so awful comment (and admittedly I tend to take things much more personally than I should...) but man! That one just got to me. I wanted to turn around to her, glare the nastiest look I could conger and tell her what was what. But I (as nicely as I could and trying not to cry) asked Aaden to get her shoes so we could go.

Now the point of this story is not to make you feel sorry for me! Please don't. We are doing just fine and I am pretty sure we have ALL had these days. But this made me think...How many comments have I made to Ryan, thinking that I wasn't heard, that ended up crushing somebody else's spirit?? I hope that hasn't happened but I am afraid that it may have. I want to take this opportunity to challenge you (and myself) to STOP JUDGING! No more comments, snide remarks, or mean thoughts. In my moments of "challenge" the most encouraging thing for me is to hear, "You really are doing a great job. Keep up the good work!" So Momma's out there (and even though some of you aren't Momma's yet) spread the love! And my goodness can we all just try to be nice?!

SO I leave you with another favorite of mine..This one, much more hopeful than the first, is one that I go to for encouragement...


No comments:

Post a Comment