Sunday, September 8, 2013

Eight - Keep Breathing

I should start this post with an apology. I am sorry. I am sorry that I haven't posted all weekend. But honestly you expect too much from me! I post AND a craft/recipe/great idea every day! Not happening. So don't put that pressure on me. You are making me feel guilty!

Okay..honestly. That rant is false. I decided to do this and, if you know me, you know that if I could get paid to craft, I TOTALLY would. I put too my expectations on myself and sometimes on others. So I am making an official decision about this challenge. Only during the week will you find crafty posts. I Am saving the weekend for myself (so be prepared for "personal" posts), for my family, and for my sanity!

I want to share a song... Remember about me and music (see here)?? This is one of those songs that I have always come back to. Listen to the chorus and it should make sense. And I really like the harmony in it (:




I have come to the conclusion that Facebook and/or Pinterest put too much pressure for us (as mothers/women/parents/people) to be a good or better than our friends! Perfect dinner, immaculate houses, perfectly temper kids, being a perfectly tempered parent...We see this represented in our friends statuses but I don't think things are always as rosy as they may appear. And maybe, sometimes, they are but I know I have put myself in the place of trying to "compete" with those on FB and really...It can be exhausting. There is this GREAT book called 7 by Jen Hatmaker. Maybe I will share my thoughts on that in the near future.

Now I want to vent. Just for a little bit, and not for you to feel sorry for me. We will survive! Today was rough. Waking up and getting myself ready is enough but throw two little ones in the mix that don't really want to wake up...Well now we are 15 minutes late. We get to church and all is well until the big one doesn't want to go to Children's Church. I try to LOVING escort him to class without letting my mad face show. Crap. There in was. In front his teacher. Nothing to eventful after that until we make it home to lunch. They need a nap. Can't they see that?? No nap. We head off to our Small Group where we fight about swimming, and not wanting to eat, and then wanting to eat, and he took my toy, and she splashed me, and I don't want to dry off, and we don't want to go home, and BREATHE! At the end of the day I fall back on a verse. It is my favorite. It's not a grand, profound scripture. Simple and reassuring...
He will cover you with his feathers.

He will shelter you with his wings.

His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
Psalm 91:4
I know that when I am completely overwhelmed with life, I have God to fall back on, or really, should probably be depending on through out instead of waiting until I am overwhelmed before I look to Him.

Keep on truckin'! And if you are an overwhelmed Momma and need to know you aren't the only one, here are some of my favorite posts that remind me that I am not alone.

One.
Two.

I will have a crafty post tomorrow. Thank you for listening to me vent (:


1 comment: