Another busy day in the McRoberts household so I searched through my DIY board to find a pin that I could do out of what I already had at home. Now there were several that I stopped to think about...But no I didn't have that right beads for that one, and I don't have the hands or the right face for this one...But the I found this jewel and I knew. Today would be the day that I made something for the living room.
I love pictures and fun quotes in my living room, bed room, kitchen, bath room...Basically all over the house.We have a painting that says, "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." (Seriously?? Who out there doesn't love Moulin Rouge? And Ewan MacGregor? I digress!) There are a few scriptures and songs that I would LOVE to have posted around the house as well. The Lumineers, Dave Barnes, Alison Krauss, and a line from Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.
In my garage is a pile of old wood that has been begging me to make something out of it. The original plan was to make that clock that I posted above. And you know...make that really cool stain/weathering trick that I have seen pinned all over the place with vinegar, a steel wool pad, and coffee grounds or a tea bag (which ever post you care to read). Really interested to see if that works and I hope I am able to post about it here! So I found the right slice of wood for my new project and gathered all of my supplies...Black and white acrylic paint, paint brushes, a few cups of water, and I found the perfect font to print mt quote in (Side note: You must print the quote in a mirror image...which is something I totally know and definitely didn't remember until I went to transfer to the wood!)
So pretty (:
Next begins the transfer. So printed the quote the backwards and got my template all cut out.
The first part of this I traced over with the Shaprie so you can actually see it. The second half was just the transfer from the ink off the paper. I knew going into this that a bolder font would be best but really? Why make things easy? There's no challenge in the Pinterest CHALLENGE if I don't make it a tad difficult right?? I actually just really really really love this font and figured that I could make it work.
And the finished project. It was still drying in this picture (since I diluted the black paint, I didn't want to hang it just yet so it could dry. Wouldn't want all of that hard work to run off of the wood).
Home is whenever I'm with you! Love it! Now to find the perfect spot to hang this! AND I can promise that I will be using this technique again. So cute, looks great, and I can have custom quotes for our walls! Next I think will be one of those McRoberts family Est. 2005!








This is too cute!!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I made this one and now I have found a whole wall in my dining room that I feel needs to be covered in song quotes!
ReplyDelete