I like music. A lot. I like music a lot. I take music to heart and have a song(s) for every stage, event, whatever. Songs that represent bad times and well as good. Songs for senior year of high school and songs that remind me of my childhood. This is one of those songs that sticks out to me.
It is from Mary Poppins and even as a child I can remember loving when this part of the movie came on. The melody is so moving to me and still gives me goosebumps. In this song Mary Poppins is trying to teach Jane and Michael that there are maybe better ways that they can invest their money. Listen here if you want. Love this song (:
The only way that this correlates to Pinterest is that we made bird feeders...I have the feeling this might be my first FAIL. I found the link to the delightful little bird feeders here.
So we gathered all of our supplies (1/2 c. water, 3/4 c. flour, 1 envelope gelatin, 3 Tbsp. light syrup, and 4 c. bird seed).
I REALLY need to find the charger for my camera because the phone camera is NOT cutting it!!
Then we mixed it all together.
Laid out our parchment paper and spread this nasty mixture all over. Got out our trusted cookies cutters and cut away. At this point the mixture was still...not solid. Kind of crumbly so some of the forms didn't work so well. The circle was the best. Used a straw to make a place to be hung from.
And now we wait. The post said that they would set over night so hopefully in the AM we will have nice little bird feeders to hang around the yard!
I am hoping with the amount of mess made in this one will produce lots of birds watching for the kiddos...otherwise we won't be don't this one again!
Check back for an update!






.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment